Stress and trauma are experienced in your body; therefore, your body needs to be part of the healing process.
Embodied Healing & Living is a 3-month minimum commitment that is tailored specifically to your life and needs. During our work together, I will guide you through my Three Zone Approach. This proven approach walks you through how to move beyond the mind and into the wisdom of the body so you can find healing and start to thrive.
Feeling safe is the foundation of transformation. It moves us from the survival part of the brain to the area where we can make choices out of growth and for our greater good.
During this phase, we will work on establishing a sense of trust and safety with yourself, others, and your environment.
By the end of this first zone, we’ll also…
- Discover your body’s boundaries and connect them to what feels safe.
- Develop “grounding” strategies to bring you back to the present moment (the “here and now”) any time you feel overwhelmed or overloaded.
- Identify and connect to your inherent strengths so that you can feel better and create more balance when doing the deeper work.
Learn how to bring “conscious awareness” to daily life by being in the present moment versus in the past. Doing this will build your attention to what is going on within yourself, and around you, without judgment. This creates distance from the overwhelming experiences that have happened and helps you become more effective at dealing with current challenging situations.
You will also learn the language of your body so you can heal your past. To do this, you’ll…
- Create simple yet effective strategies to help train your mind so you can better connect with your body. We’ll do this through connecting your awareness to your felt sense.
- Uncover specific ways that your brain and body are connected. You’ll see what happens when your system becomes activated (think of a “gas” pedal) and then how to help it down-shift (“brake” pedal).
- Notice cues of when your body becomes activated and track sensations and energy cycles.
Become aware of your triggers and stressors that send your body into self-preservation mode. Discover how your body naturally protects itself and what to do when energy gets stuck in your body. In this zone, you’ll learn how to:
- Harness the power of “regulation” to help you anytime you feel triggered.
- Distinguish between self-regulation and co-regulation and how to use each one to flip you out of fight, flight or freeze mode.
- Learn how to move through fight, flight, and freeze modes so that you stay in control of your body and emotions (instead of the other way around).
You are a remarkable force with an innate capacity to heal and grow. I would love to help you do that!
Informed by my training and education in Somatic Healing, Polyvagal Theory, and Attachment Theory, I help my clients move beyond and below the thinking mind. I focus specifically on the nervous system and showing you how to listen and attune to your body’s language. I am a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner and have assisted in training courses throughout the western portion of the United States.